Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 111

Thread: Playin in my Cd player is...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hola mi Amigo, I appreciate the update, that Cd somehow got under my radar, But I'll bet it is good, sounds like some strong cover songs for her.

    I almost got a copy of her new release, but then I was told about all that crap that Sony had installed on the disc and how a lot of people started having computer problems after playing the Cd.
    I heard that there are a couple of lawsuits against them now.

    I saw Cyndi on something like west 54th or soundstage a few years ago that was really good, She was pregnant but she was still Rockin'. She even played a dulcimer.

    Thanks for the review Danger Man.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello friends, It started as a yucky day, but has turned into a beautiful Saturday Afternoon.

    I've got most of my posting done and I'm just killing time until I join in our weekly Chat night over at Cherie Currie board. So I have the window open, and the stereo cranked up.

    I am playing:
    A group of rockin' ladies called Antigone Rising (pronounced an-tig-ah-nee). They are really good, they have a nice mix of southern rock, pop, just a touch of country. The song blaring outta my speakers right now is a cover of Queen's Fat Bottom Girls.

    Next up is Blackmore's Night - Shadow of the moon, This cd features the guitar work of former Deep Perple & Rainbow, Richie Blackmore. It is semi acoustic, semi Celtic folk-rock. It features his wife singing these haunting songs. This is a great Cd for a lazy day.

    I then pulled a dusty disc off the shelf, The Cars- The Cars. What a solid album this was, at the time of its release Everyone commented on the odd guitar parts, but now it sounds like an old friend. What some great songs too "let The Good Times Roll", "My Best Friends Girl", "Just What I Needed".
    I may have to move the breakable furniture for that one, I may have to Pogo...

  3. #13
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I loved that CARS CD!!! Well it was an LP I had...
    Whatever happened to those guys anyway??? I know Ric O married a super model THEN???

  4. #14
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sadly the bass player Benjaman Orr who sang most of the songs passed away a few years ago.

    I believe they have reformed with Todd Runtgruen singing coz Occasik wouldn't.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh NO!!! How did he die???

  6. #16
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Benjamin Orr passed away on Tuesday, October 3, 2000. He had been suffering from pancreatic cancer since April of this 2000. He died in his home in Atlanta just before midnight.

    I also found this note fron Nov. 2005

    The Cars are getting back together, but it'll be a vastly different band than the '80s synth-pop pioneers used to have. The band will reunite for a 2005 tour with Todd Rundgren serving as its new front man, Billboard revealed. Former Cars members Greg Hawkes and Elliott Easton will round out the band. Original front man Ric Ocasek won?t participate in the reunion.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is sad when a Hero passes quitely

  7. #17
    Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Thanks for tracking down that info Rog.
    As I mentioned, in chat last night, I was wondering how and when too.

    He and Ric both had perfect and distinctive NEW WAVE voices.

    This new Cars band surprises me but doesn't excite me much!
    Who knows, it might be interesting. [img]confused.gif[/img]

    Rock On!
    Gus

  8. #18
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, You are always the go to guy for the info Rog!!! Thanks so much ...I liked Rundgren so I guess we shall see huh???

  9. #19
    CanadianGirl
    Guest CanadianGirl's Avatar

    Post

    I listen to green day
    *L* simple plan i have this one song playing over and over again "welcome to MY life"
    Offspring
    U2
    audioslave Rawks [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOVE U2!!!
    Been hearing alot of Nine Inch Nails lately!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •